How Can I Extend My Height? Definitive Solution: Leg Lengthening Surgery
Is it a definite solution like leg lengthening surgery to increase your height?
If you’re tired of dealing with an inferiority complex over your height and are here looking for ways to grow taller, then this article may help you. Keep reading to discover the pros and cons of using leg lengthening surgery to increase height.
Three of the most commonly used ways to grow taller are leg lengthening surgery, human growth hormone supplements, and a variety of methods to grow taller naturally through things like diet and exercise. It should be noted that only limb lengthening surgery is an effective and proven option of becoming taller after growth plates (cartilage tissues found at the both ends of bones, which are responsible for bone growth) have closed. The efficiency of other methods are highly doubted and they don’t always contribute positively to height growth.
Today we’ll be looking at the first method (surgical procedures) in more detail.
One of the ways to grow taller is through leg lengthening surgery
Leg lengthening surgery made its debut as early as 1905 when Alessandro Codivilla first developed surgical practices which could lengthen the lower limbs. However, it became famous in the early 1950’s thanks to Gavril Ilizarov, a Russian orthopedic surgeon. In fact, height increase surgery is often referred to as Ilizarov surgery.
Updated versions of this surgery method are now gaining popularity, particularly in Asian countries such as China. The basic procedure involves breaking the tibia and fibula and attaching a fixator to the bones which can be lengthened by 1mm increments each day.
This increases the gap between the bones as they heal. Once the bone fills in the gap, you are left with longer leg bones and your height is increased.
If the limb is lengthened too fast, it can overstretch the newly developing soft tissues which causes intense pain and damage, and can also keep the bone from filling in the gap. Likewise, if the limb is lengthened too slow, then the bone hardens before the entire lengthening process can be completed.
Like other ways to grow taller, there are risks to increasing your height via Ilizarov surgery.
The Pros And Cons Of Leg Lengthening Surgery
The Pros Of Leg Lengthening Surgery
- This is a very effective method in regards to height gain results: there is no guessing that whether you will get a result or not, it is a procedure based on natural ability of human body. You will be growing 1mm taller every day, and you can monitor this on periodical x-rays.
- Increase in self esteem and confidence.
- Other social and professional advantages that often come with being taller. For example, studies have shown taller people often receive more respect, more dating opportunities, and sometimes greater monetary compensation at work.
The Cons Of Leg Lengthening Surgery
- Cost: surgery often costs anywhere from €13.500 to over €54.500 euros.
- Timeframe: the whole process can take longer than a year. For up to 3-4 months you won’t be able to walk.
- Pain: leg lengthening surgery is extremely painful and is often referred to as a “gruesome” procedure.
- Surgical complications: these can include things like infection as well as psychological and emotional complications from the traumatic and long process. Modern surgery methods have reduced the risk factors to minimum.