Limb Lengthening Surgery Doctors and Costs
Leg Lengthening Surgery, usually, is one of the most important decisions for a patient to decide, especially considering Limb Lengthening Surgery Doctors and Costs; as the surgery, itself can be a very expensive and costly, process. However, when a patient has decided that they want to undergo the cosmetic surgery – it becomes necessary, for the patients to have access to all details and information from the very start, as it is crucially important for the patients to understand the whole process, from understanding the very surgical process, to booking the surgery and to post-surgery recovery care and handling; amongst other factors to consider. In recent times, as patients have become more aware of the existence, popularity, and economic viability of Limb Lengthening Surgery Doctors and Costs; it has become an essential element to consider for any patient. Especially in the last few decades, as newer surgical devices and techniques are being invented and practiced by numerous doctors around the world; patients must be aware of the costs and surgical processes; which are constantly being updated as newer technology enters, providing for a much less risker, less costly and comfortable patients experience, with limb lengthening surgery.
It is highly important and essential for patients to understand that any surgical treatment and procedure carries some degree of risks and complications. Although, limb lengthening surgeries have a very high rate of success, and patients who have had limb lengthening surgery, may do so without facing any sort of complication and problems; but it must be kept in mind that some risks are still involved such as bone infection, slow bone union, and son. For instance, as with external fixator systems, the risk of infection is always present till the fixators are removed; thus without proper care, handling, and hygiene routines, such a risk could materialize and cause unnecessary and avoidable problems for the patients.
Additionally, the most important factor to consider with any limb lengthening surgical procedure is the doctors themselves. The doctors, hospitals, and medical teams must have ample experience with this particular type of surgery; with proper post-operation patient care and handling post-surgical complications, if any. Thus, the most important aspect, after considering the costs and surgical method is the surgical and medical teams and hospital, so that the patients have the best experience with the surgery, from a doctor and medical team who have years of surgical experience with limb lengthening surgery.
Lastly, it must be remembered that cosmetic limb lengthening surgery is, overall, a very expensive treatment for all those patients whose lives have been impacted due to short or limited stature; as the cost of the surgery can become unaffordable for most. Furthermore, medical insurance companies regard limb lengthening surgery as elective or cosmetic surgical procedures; thus, they are not covered by most medical insurance policies. Additionally, most doctors and medical health care providers who perform limb lengthening surgery in the western world, from Europe to the USA, are, in comparison, very expensive and do not provide any medical insurance coverage for the treatment as well; as most consider the surgery as cosmetic or elective treatments and are thus excluded from state or private medical insurance policies. To add to that, the overhead costs in countries like the USA or Europe make the surgery highly expensive, in comparison to Turkey, as comparative costs of hospitals, doctors, medical equipment, and staff are much more.
Hence, in this blog post, we will try to provide you with a comprehensive list of limb lengthening surgery doctors and costs in various countries to choose the best possible lengthening surgery within your budget and reach out.
However, before having a glimpse of the limb lengthening surgery doctors and costs available worldwide; we would like you to consider taking a glance at our Doctor, Medical teams, Surgical Methodologies that we practice, and the relative costs.
Here is a list of Limb Lengthening Surgery Doctors and Costs (Worldwide – Valid for 2021):
- Op.Dr. Hüseyik Kavak (Istanbul, TURKEY) – €14,500 external fixator, €17,768 LON method, €36,263 intramedullary nail (PRECICE 2.2), €49,950 Precice Stryde, €12,000 limb shortening, € 8,500 Limb Discrepancy, € 7,500 Limb Correction Surgery (Bow Legs), € 12,000 Limb Shortening Surgery.
- Dr. Paley (the USA) – Bilateral femur lengthening (up to 8 cm of height; cost $97,500 USD, PRECICE-Stryde) / Bilateral tibia lengthening (up to 5 cm of height; cost $109,000 USD, PRECICE-Stryde)
- Dr. Jacob Rozbruch (the USA) – $125,000 (Femur or Tibia) / Nail Removal Fee: $20,000 (Femur or Tibia)
- Dr. Shahab Mahboubian (Hollywood CA, the USA) – Bilateral femur lengthening (Precise nail) – $75,000, Bilateral tibia lengthening (Precise nail) – $85,000 & Combined tibia and femur lengthening 3-4 weeks apart – $155,000
- LimbPlastx Institute (Las Vegas, the USA) – Dr. Kevin Debiparshad – Femur Lengthening Procedure – $75,000 USD & Tibia Lengthening Procedure – $84,000 USD
- Dr. Augustin Betz (Germany) – €53,700 for bilateral femoral lengthening and €56,300 for bilateral tibial lengthening (using Betzbone Nail) / REMOVAL for Thigh nails is € 7,200 / REMOVAL for Lower Leg nails is € 7,500
- Dr. Rainer Baumgart (Germany) – €120,000 – €160,000 for both femurs and both tibias
- Dr. Jean-Marc Guichet (France, Italy) – €52,000 using Guichet Nail
- Dr. Donghoon Lee (South Korea) – $37,000 (LON) and $72,000 (PRECICE)
- Dr. Franz Birkholtz (South Africa) – $30,000 (External fixators) and $52,000 (PRECICE)
- Dr. Maurizio A.Catagni (İtaly) – €20,000 external fixator, €55,000 intramedullary nail
- Dr. Daniele Pili (Italy) – €20,000 external fixator, €55,000 intramedullary nail
> The prices of surgeries by Dr. Huseyin include the costs of the following services:
- Welcoming at the airport
- VIP transfer throughout the entire process
- Accommodation in a 5-star hotel for 2 days before the operation
- Complimentary Istanbul tour (historical places, famous restaurants)
- All tests and examinations
- Interpreter who speaks your language during hospitalization (caregiver)
- 24-hour specialist nurse support
- Daily doctor checks
- Daily Physiotherapy checks (increasing mobility, exercise training) during your stay at the hospital
- Daily dressing, medication, and pain checks during your stay at the hospital
- Transfer to the hotel by fully equipped ambulance on the day of discharge from the hospital
- 3 months accommodation in the Zeytinburnu Hampton Hilton Hotel Hotel (private luxury standard room for each patient)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (Rich kitchen and dining options)
- Dedicated staff support throughout the day for needs and orders
- Comprehensive physical therapy program specially prepared a day in a week
- Weekly doctor follow-up and check-ups in the hotel room
- Dressing and nurse checks in the hotel room
- All drugs and the delivery of drugs to the patient and follow-up of their use
- X-ray service in the hotel room without disturbing the comfort of the patient
- All-day use of pool, gym, cafe, restaurant
- Circulation-enhancing, relaxing massage with a certified traditional Chinese medicine practitioner 1 day per week
- Activities outside the hotel and special tours for the patients to relax, breathe, and increase their motivation once a month
- Daily room cleaning, clean towels, and linen changes
- Free WI-FI internet
- 24/7 business center use for those who continue their work remotely
It must be borne in mind that the prices of limb or leg-lengthening surgeries are variable and dependent on the doctors, the choice of surgical method and medical equipment, and the price inclusive services and facilities; which may include post-surgery residence, physiotherapy, transportation, translation services, among others. Thus for any potential patient on their journey to become taller, they must pay attention to these facts and figures.
Here are essential questions to ask your doctor during the consultation and/or doctor’s examination:
- How many cosmetic limb lengthening surgery has the doctor performed up to date?
- Which limb lengthening surgical methods do they apply?
- How many centimeters of lengthening do they recommend for Femur and Tibia?
- Do their patients need any kind of preparation before leg lengthening surgery?
- Are accommodation fees included in the total price (for international patients)?
- Are there any medical conditions that may prevent a potential patient from being accepted for surgery?
- Have they ever had any patients with complications?
- Are the costs of corrective treatments and/or operations for any possible complications included in the total price?
- Are there any preliminary height requirements for cosmetic limb lengthening operations?
- How much does the surgery cost and which services are included?
Patients must keep in mind that many doctors are renowned for their leg-lengthening surgical treatments in India, Russia, and Pakistan; however, due to inexperience with dealing with post-surgical complications and the quality of the medical facilities; there are many complaints and negative remarks about these countries. These medical practices are far from what must be desired from a limb lengthening medical center, providing bargain surgeries and low-cost attraction. They ignore post-surgical stages, thus risking the patient’s proper road to a successful recovery.
Thankfully, Turkey can be seen as a sensible approach, a middle ground for potential leg lengthening patients, as it offers lower costs than in Europe and the USA while maintaining the same quality of medical services, as patients expect in the Western world. As our commitment to medical excellence and quality of services, it must be noted that Turkey, currently hosts the highest number of JCI-licensed medical institutions and hospitals in the world.