Limb Lengthening Surgery Doctors and Costs
Leg Lengthening Surgery, usually, is one of the most important decisions for a patient to decide, especially considering Limb Lengthening Surgery Doctors and Costs; as the surgery, itself can be a very expensive and costly, process. However, when a patient has decided that they want to undergo the cosmetic surgery – it becomes necessary, for the patients to have access to all details and information from the very start, as it is crucially important for the patients to understand the whole process, from understanding the very surgical process, to booking the surgery and to post-surgery recovery care and handling; amongst other factors to consider. In recent times, as patients have become more aware of the existence, popularity, and economic viability of Limb Lengthening Surgery Doctors and Costs; it has become an essential element to consider for any patient. Especially in the last few decades, as newer surgical devices and techniques are being invented and practiced by numerous doctors around the world; it is vital that patients are aware of the costs and surgical processes; which are constantly being updated as newer technology enters, providing for a much less risker, less costly and comfortable patients experience, with limb lengthening surgery.
It is highly important and essential for patients to understand that any surgical treatment and procedure carries some degree of risks and complications. Although, limb lengthening surgeries have a very high rate of success, and patients who have had limb lengthening surgery, may do so without facing any sort of complication and problems; but it must be kept in mind that some risk is still involved. As with external fixator systems, the risk of infections is always present till the fixators are removed; thus without proper care, handling, and hygiene routines, such a risk could possibly materialize and cause unnecessary and avoidable problems for the patients.
Additionally, the most important factor to consider with any limb lengthening surgical procedure is the doctors themselves. It is vital that the doctors, hospitals, and medical teams have ample experience with this particular type of surgery; with proper post-operation patient care and handling post-surgical complications, if any. Thus, the most important aspect, after considering the costs and surgical method is the surgical and medical teams and hospital, so that the patients have the best experience with the surgery, from a doctor and medical team who have years of surgical experience with limb lengthening surgery.
Lastly, it must be remembered that cosmetic limb lengthening surgery, is overall a very expensive treatment for all those patients whose lives have been impacted due to short or limited stature; as the cost of the surgery can become unaffordable for most. Furthermore, medical insurance companies regard limb lengthening surgery as elective or cosmetic surgical procedures; thus, they are not covered by most medical insurance policies. Additionally, most doctors and medical health care providers, who perform limb lengthening surgery in the western world, from Europe to the USA; are in comparison, very expensive and also do not provide any medical insurance coverage for the treatment as well; as most consider the surgery as cosmetic or elective treatments and are thus excluded from state or private medical insurance policies. To add to that, the overhead costs, in countries like the USA or Europe make the surgery highly expensive, in comparison to Turkey, as comparative costs of hospitals, doctors, medical equipment, and staff are much more.
Hence in this blog post, we will try to provide you a comprehensive list of limb lengthening surgery doctors and costs in various countries; so you can choose the best possible lengthening surgery within your budget and reach.
However, before having a glimpse of the limb lengthening surgery doctors and costs available worldwide; we would like you to consider taking a glance at our Doctor, Medical teams, Surgical Methodologies that we practice, and the relative costs.
Here is a list of Limb Lengthening Surgery Doctors and Costs (Worldwide – Valid for 2021):
1. Dr. Paley (USA) – $97,500 for bilateral femoral lengthening and $109,000 for bilateral tibial lengthening using PRECICE Stryde.
2. Dr. Jacob Rozbruch (USA) – $120,000 using PRECICE
3. Dr. Shahab Mahboubian (Hollywood CA, USA) – Bilateral femur lengthening (Precise nail) – $70,000, Bilateral tibia lengthening (Precise nail) – $80,000 & Combined tibia and femur lengthening 3-4 weeks apart – $145,000
4. LimbPlastx Institute (Las Vegas) USA – Dr. Kevin Debiparshad – Femur Lengthening Procedure – $75,000 USD & Tibia Lengthening Procedure – $79,000 USD
5. Dr. Augustin Betz (Germany) – €52,500 for bilateral femoral lengthening and €55,500 for bilateral tibial lengthening (using Betzbone Nail)
6. Dr. Rainer Baumgart (Germany) – €120,000 – €160,000 for both femurs and both tibias
7. Dr. Jean-Marc Guichet (France, Italy) – €52,000 using Guichet Nail
8. Dr. Maurizio A.Catagni (İtaly) – €20,000 external fixator, €55,000 intramedullary nail
9. Dr. Daniele Pili (Italy) – €20,000 external fixator, €55,000 intramedullary nail
10. Assoc.Prof.Dr. Yuksel Yurttas (Turkey-Istanbul) – €14,500 external fixator, €17,768 LON method, €36,263 intramedullary nail (PRECICE 2.2), €49,950 Precice Stryde, €12,000 limb shortening, € 8,500 Limb Discrepancy, € 7,500 Limb Correction Surgery (Bow Legs), € 12,000 Limb Shortening Surgery.
- The prices of surgeries by Dr. Yuksel include the costs of the following services:
- Meeting and greeting our patients at the airports
- Transportation from airport to the hotel & hospital
- Accommodation in a 5-star hotel (1 to 3 days)
- An English-speaking caretaker who will assist our patients 24/7 during the hospital stay
- Complimentary Istanbul tour, including historical and touristic visits, boat tours, and meals in our famous Turkish restaurants
- All necessary medical examinations and tests before the surgical operation
- 5 to 7 days of hospitalization
- Physiotherapist’s assistance and all medications are covered, during the patient’s hospitalization
- Walker, crutches & wheelchair for support & assisted movement (Post-Op)
- Transportation to the airport upon departure
- FREE consultation with doctors and consultants whenever the patient’s needs, even after the lengthening process has been completed.
The above-mentioned prices also include the following costs, in addition to the surgery itself:
- All hospital charges relating to the operating room and recovery room.
- Surgeon’s fees.
- Anesthesiologist’s fees.
- Surgical assistant’s fees.
- Hospitalization fees (Internal medicine doctors will be available during the entire hospitalization period).
12. Dr. Fahri Teymurhanli (Azerbaijan) – €7,500 Ilizarov method, €13,500 LON method (please Contact Us for more info)
13. Dr. Alex Monegal (Spain) – €17,900 external fixator, €30,600 intramedullary nail
14. Donghoon Advanced Limb Lengthening Reconstruction Institute – Dr. Donghoon Lee (South Korea) – Precice 2: 71,000 USD, LATN: 24,000 USD, LON: 27,000 USD
15. Dr. Richard Luzzi (Curitiba, Brazil) – from US$70,000 up to US$110,000
16. Dr. Mitkovich (Serbia) – €9,300 external fixator
17, Dr. Alexander Barinov (Russia) – €13,000 Ilizarov method (covering 3 months’ stay in the hospital)
18, Dr. Mangal Parihar (İndia) – $42,000 PRECICE 2
19, Dr. Manohar Babu (India) – $8,000 LON method
20.Dr. Xia, Dr.Li (China) – €25,000 LATN method
It must be borne in mind that the prices of limb or leg-lengthening surgeries are variable and dependent on the doctors, the choice of surgical method and medical equipment, and the price inclusive services and facilities; which may include post-surgery residence, physiotherapy, transportation, translation services, among others. Thus for any potential patient on their journey to become taller, they must pay attention to these facts and figures.
Here are essential questions to ask your doctor during consultation and/or doctor’s examination:
- How many cosmetic limb lengthening surgery has the doctor performed up to date?
- Which limb lengthening surgical methods do they apply?
- How many centimeters of lengthening do they recommend for Femur and Tibia?
- Do their patients need any kind of preparation before leg lengthening surgery?
- Are accommodation fees included in the total price (for international patients)?
- Are there any medical conditions that may prevent a potential patient from being accepted for surgery?
- Have they ever had any patients with complications?
- Are the costs of corrective treatments and/or operations for any possible complications included in the total price?
- Is there any preliminary height requirements for cosmetic limb lengthening operations?
- How much does the surgery cost and which services are included?
Patients must keep in mind that many doctors are renowned for their leg-lengthening surgical treatments in India, Russia, and Pakistan; however, due to inexperience with dealing with post-surgical complications and the quality of the medical facilities; there are many complaints and negative remarks about these countries. Providing bargain surgeries and low-cost attraction, these medical practices are far from what must be desired from a limb lengthening medical center. They ignore post-surgical stages, thus risking the patient’s proper road to a successful recovery.
Thankfully, Turkey can be seen as a sensible approach, a middle ground for potential leg lengthening patients, as it offers lower costs than in Europe and the USA, at the same time maintaining the same quality of medical services, as patients expect in the Western world. As our commitment to medical excellence and quality of services, it must be noted that Turkey, currently hosts the highest number of JCI-licensed medical institutions and hospitals in the world.