Everything About Limb Lengthening Surgery - Patient Interview
Today we are with Nicholas from the USA. We asked him the questions that everyone had about the limb lengthening surgery before and after it.
We hope that a patient who has had this surgery with Wanna Be Taller will be able to answer many of your questions.
For more information, please contact us here for a free online consultation.
- How did you become aware of limb lengthening and Wanna Be Taller? How did you believe in us?
Nicholas: I first learned about limb lengthening by searching Google. Once I understood how it worked, I knew I would do it to somebody. I discovered Wanna Be Taller Team in a similar way. Above all, I think it was the strong communication that led me to go with them.
- How tall were you before the limb lengthening operation?
Nicholas: I was 174 cm before the limb lengthening operation and now around 185 cm.
- How long does limb lengthening surgery take?
Nicholas: Each of them was about 2 hours.
- How about limb lengthening surgery costs? Why did you come to Turkey for the surgery?
Nicholas: Limb lengthening price was the most important factor for me. That’s what led me to look into limb lengthening in Turkey. Doing the same thing in the US wouldn’t have been financially feasible. Limb lengthening surgery in Turkey is very reasonable.
- How long did it take you to learn about limb lengthening surgery in Turkey and performed it?
Nicholas: It didn’t take long. As the patient, what you do is actually very straightforward. It only takes a few minutes to learn the basics of how it works, and of course, you continue to learn more as you move forward with the process.
- What thoughts were running through your mind in the weeks leading up to the procedure? Is limb lengthening surgery safe?
Nicholas: I was just telling myself that I had to try to change my circumstances. The limb lengthening surgery was necessary, and it’s as simple as that.
- What was going through your mind on the day of the surgery?
Nicholas: I told myself that I had to try my very best and doing this surgery was part of that. Compromising here would have been breaking a promise to myself.
- What were your thoughts on the first day after surgery?
Nicholas: Honestly, I felt a little frustrated that I had to endure so much pain to get what many others got for free, but I told myself that that’s life. My mind didn’t wander too much due to the pain. I guess I was happy though that the first step was behind me.
- Were there any delays in bone formation or complications along the way?
Nicholas: I did develop an infection when doing the femurs. I was working long hours and not changing my dressings like I was supposed to. It resolved quickly though after starting antibiotics. I also had tingling and numbness in my feet when doing the tibias. That too was resolved completely.
- Were you relieved when you started to heal? And how do you feel about yourself now?
Nicholas: I was relieved when I was finally able to walk reasonable distances without crutches, and it’s just gotten better since then. Physically, I’m almost back to normal now, except I’m taller and have better, more aesthetic proportions.
- Were you in good physical condition prior to the limb lengthening surgery? What was your physical condition prior to the surgery?
Nicholas: Yes. I’ve always been very healthy.
- Does cosmetic limb lengthening hurt?
Nicholas: It was agonizing, to be honest. I just focused on my breathing and watched the minutes go by.
- Which method did your doctor perform?
Nicholas: LON (lengthening over a nail) for both tibias and femurs, tibias first
- How did you sleep at night after the limb lengthening surgery?
Nicholas: I didn’t sleep for the first night after surgery for the tibias of the femurs. Eventually, I was able to sleep on my side with the tibias and on my back with the femurs. Sleeping with LON on the femurs is definitely its own challenge.
- Were your pain levels elevated during physical therapy when you were doing the stretches?
Nicholas: Oh yes. Exercise caused an initial spike in my pain levels, but then my pain would be lower afterward (before exercising). It’s like a hump you have to go over to feel better.
- Did you tell your friends and family about your limb lengthening surgery? Were they encouraging?
Nicholas: I told my family and a couple of friends. Overall, they were supportive. Some understood. Some didn’t. But that didn’t matter to me.
- Have you noticed any differences in your limit proportions? Are you satisfied with your current proportion?
Nicholas: Although I was short, I was lucky enough to have very long arms, a long torso, and big hands/feet, so my proportions are actually much better now than they were before. I’m very happy with the final result.
- How are you feeling physically? Do you now walk normally?
Nicholas: I feel great. After limb lengthening, I walk completely normally, and I usually walk at least several miles a day, sometimes more. I can run, skip, and jump too.
- Was the limb lengthening worthwhile?
- Has your love life or professional life changed as a result of this surgery?
Nicholas: I’ve noticed that I get a lot more attention from girls and I feel like I’m better respected by my peers. Being taller I have more credibility due to the halo effect.
- Do you have any final speeches for the other patients?
You have to do what’s right for you. There’s no right or wrong answer. It’s just important that you make an educated decision. The monetary cost will be the least of your worries. The process is painful and the recovery is lengthy. That said, if you do go through with it, it can make a world of difference. Would I do it again if I had to? Yes!
Please visit Nicholas' Youtube Channel:
☎️ Contact the patient consultant
📓 Get detailed information
🏥 Have an Online Consultation
❔ Decide the surgical procedure
📅 Get a Surgery Date
🛂 Apply for your Visa
✈️ Book your Flight Ticket
👋 Meet us at the airport!
You will be informed about the lengthening increase, lengthening process, the prices of the surgical methods, the difference of the methods, the risks of the surgery.